Cooking delicious food is necessary to keep the family happy. After all, the dinner table is where all the family members gather ‘round and spend quality time while eating a hearty meal.
But due to the demands of our daily lives at home, school, and work, the family’s eating habit is changed without even realizing it. And this is because:
- Mom is busy doing other house chores that she doesn’t have time to cook a hot meal. So she ends up ordering take-outs instead.
- Dad always brings home pizza after work.
- The kids prefer eating fast food meals because it’s convenient, affordable, has more delicious meals offered, and it’s what their friends prefer eating.
So before it gets worse, you must act now and influence your family to go for healthy foods. And if you’re interested to know more, then we suggest you keep reading as we are going to share tips on how to inspire your family to opt for healthy food choices.
- Proper education – This is crucial so that your family will understand the benefits of eating healthy foods. Try to explain in detail from how it will positively affect our digestion to how it will contribute to optimal brain performance. Moreover, teach your kids how to read packaging labels so they will realize the amount preservatives found in unhealthy foods.
- Make it a habit of eating healthy breakfast – Having grains, fruit, and oatmeal for breakfast will enable every member of the family to function better and have more energy for the entire day.
- Set an example – Have the initiative to eat healthy food choices and change your eating habits for the better. Once your family notices the positive change that you are doing, they will also be influenced to follow you
- Slowly incorporate veggies into the kid’s meal – It’s no secret that kids don’t like eating vegetables. So what you can do is to sneak in some veggies on some of your child’s fave foods like adding zucchini to lasagna or broccoli to pizza.
- Go for healthy drinks as substitutes – Make it a habit of serving skim milk instead of fizzy soda beverages during dinner. Likewise, drink green tea during snack time and do away with sugary drinks.
- Make fruits available on the table – Include a serving of fruit after every meal. You can also allow your kids to choose which fruit they want to eat.
- Take a day off – And lastly, eating healthy food choices doesn’t have to be strict. So allow yourself and the rest of the family to have a “cheat day” where you can eat anything you want, but make sure to go back to eating healthy the next day (and the rest of the week) until your family will learn to embrace it.
If you want more healthy recipes for the whole family, check out Muscle Meal Time’s keto recipes for more info.