Our modern day families rarely have time to bond because of their busy schedules brought about by work, school and other commitments. Dinner time is a very special period as it is the only time all the members of the family gather around a table and share their experiences of the day. This special occasion should be therefore marked with lip smacking, mouthwatering, delectable food.
In this article, I shall enlighten you on some of America’s top-rated favorite family recipes that will leave your family to always looking forward to dinner time.
Favorite Family Recipes
Crispy noodles served with Sticky barbecue beef chunks.
For this savory and redolent delicacy, you will need the following ingredients
- Beef rump(80g)
- Corn flour
- Peanut(1 table spoon)
- Ramen noodles(2 packets)
- Smokey barbecue sauce
- Garlic powder and balsamic vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Chicken stock
- Chinese broccoli
- Coriander leaves
- Red chili
- Sesame seeds
- Pour some corn flour in a bowl, add the beef and season with pepper. Meanwhile, heat some oil in frying pan over medium heat until hot then add your mixture. Toss until browned and crisp.
- Heat some oil in a medium pan; add the noodles and shallow fry for about 3 minutes until browned and crisp.
- Mix the garlic powder, brown sugar, chicken stock and vinegar in a jug and add 3 table spoons of water. Pour on the beef pan and stir while adding barbecue sauce under medium heat to simmer and thicken.
- Finally, place the beef, crisp noodles and the gai lan on a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds, chili and coriander. Serve when warm.
Roasted roots, courgette tangles and Halloumi
This herbaceous delicacy is popular among very many vegan families and is loved for its health benefits since it is rich in vitamins, iron and fiber. Its piquant scent is as a result of the roasting process and Halloumi cheese as an ingredient added in it. To make this meal, you will need;
- 2 red peppers
- Halloumi cheese.
- 2 carrots
- 1 cucumber.
- Large apple
- Lamb lettuce
- Green pesto
The preparation is fast and easy, it will take you 30 minutes at most.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cut the broccoli into small chunks.
- Place the cut veges into the roasting tray, spread and add 2 table spoon of oil
- Slice the cheese into 2cm pieces and scatter over the vegetables chunks. Increase the temperature until the cheese melts.
- Cut the apple and mix with the roasted vegetable,
- Sprinkle the pesto with 2 table spoons of oil.
- Serve when warm.
There you have it, 2 very healthy, delicious and easy to prepare family recipes, one entirely composed vegetables and the other with a touch of meat.